Tuesday, December 23, 2008

No school

Not to sound like a goody-two-shoes or anything, but the fact that they closed school is disappointing, to say the least. Why did they even close on Wednesday? It was fine where I was. (I was watching the news, and all the buses were snowed in, but those were Seattle buses...) On Thursday and Friday, it made sense to close. But know we have to go back on the 5th, instead of whenever we would go back. If you think about it, on Thursday and Friday, I doubt we'd have done much. In Honors Math, we were going to make geometrical snowflakes (better than regular stuff, at least) in Gym, we were going to at least have the chance to win stuff. In English, we were planning on watching the Muppets. In Drama, I'm sure nothing would get done, I don't know about Mr. Tupper, but I'd say that even he'd be a little lax. In Science, we would probably do fun stuff. Now we trade it all in for a work day or two. Blech. At least we have weeks to work on our brochures. We'll all probably get A's because of all this time. 
In related news...Obama is sworn in in a month, and Bushie gets kicked out! YAYY!!!  (no offense to Republicans).
I vote we have a inauguration day party (part Obama-sworn in, part Bushie kicked out).

Happy Holdiays
(or Merry Christmas:
Happy Chanakuh/Hannakuh [if spelled wrong, sorry]
Happy...Boxing Day?
Happy New Years [unless you're Chinese, or something else that New Years isn't on Jan 1]
[getting ahead here] Have a good MLKJ Day [Martin Luther King Jr. Day])

3 comments:

  1. I would so much rather have school closed then do the holiday run around the track. Running in 30 degree weather, what a way to get into the holiday sprit!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. we run in the gym, not around the track

    ReplyDelete

Copyright 2008 by Trevor Corp